I would have done this review of Landbank’s Mobile Banking app earlier except that my smartphone ran out of internal memory and the external memory I added was useless, so I couldn’t download the app. I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to make do with Landbank iAccess using my desktop and really, it wasn’t such a bad deal because iAccess addressed most of my banking needs, except for the interbank fund transfer.

But just recently, an officemate downloaded the Landbank mobile app and I was ecstatic to discover that interbank fund transfer was possible using the app! And so I reassessed the existing apps on my phones and deleted the ones I didn’t use (I’m talking about you Grab…) and also deleted photos and other nonsense that my phone would automatically save. To make a long story short, I now use the Landbank Mobile Banking app and it has made my banking chores so much easier.

To be able to use the mobile app, you have to have an existing Landbank account and then have your online banking account with iAccess activated too. After this, download the mobile banking app using Google Play or Apple App Store. Here’s what the app landing page looks like:

It has 8 options but let’s just explore Mobile Banking for now because that’s the only feature that is currently useful to me. Tap on Mobile Banking and you’ll be led to the sign-in page where you will input the same username and password you have for iAccess.

Once you’re in your personal page, tap on the upper right corner to access the menu of available features for mobile banking.

Let’s explore Transfers because that’s what attracted me to the app in the first place and what the desktop version is sorely lacking. After tapping Transfers, you will be led to the Fund Transfer page and look at the bottom option, it says “Transfer to Other Bank”! Hooray!

Tap on the arrow after “Transfer to Other Bank” and you’ll see this page:

Choose the account you want to transfer funds from. In my case, that would be my payroll account.

For the JAI or joint account indicator, you can find that on the right side of your ATM card:

The ATM PIN is the same PIN you use for your ATM card.

Here are the Destination Banks you can transfer funds to:

My beloved Metrobank is one of the recipient banks so this really cuts down on my banking chores. Hallelujah!

Enter the account number of your Destination Bank and the amount you want to transfer. Once you fill in all the blanks and tap on Submit, you’ll be prompted to enter the One Time Password that will be emailed to your registered email address. Enter that and your funds are immediately transferred to your Destination Bank.

There is a transfer fee of Php25.00 per transaction and at first I was upset because I’m repulsed by any form of banking fee and for a split second, I considered boycotting the app altogether and just continuing with my usual banking practices. But when I started to think about the dearth of Metrobank cash accept machines near my house and office, I began to rethink my boycott.

If I wanted to use the Metrobank cash accept machine near my house, I would have to drive to the bank, pay for parking, and probably even end up eating out to make the most of my trip. It’s the same story of inconvenience with the Metrobank cash accept machine near my office. I would have to walk about 2 kilometers to get to it and 2 kilometers in downtown Manila is not the most pleasant of activities. Long story short, the Php25.00 fee is reasonable and worth it considering the circumstances.

Sadly though, the two big banks, BDO and BPI are not part of the interbank fund options.

My husband, an IT consultant (email me if you’re interested in his services!), warns me about being too dependent on mobile banking apps since they’re prone to hacking. He says that such programs/apps are a come-on for hackers so that I should take every safety precaution possible to safeguard my money. He suggests having a separate phone or desktop devoted exclusively to online banking transactions. I think I’ll have him write a guest post on this so that he can explain himself more fully.

But going back to Landbank Mobile Banking, I am again impressed at how customer oriented Landbank is. From iAccess to its Mobile Banking, Landbank has managed to pinpoint the common banking issues that its customers have to deal with and provide practical and effective solutions. This totally overhauls my image of it as an outmoded, tita-ish bank that only manages to survive because it’s a government bank. I’m so glad to be proven wrong.

* Please click here for my earlier post on Landbank iAccess.

24 Comments on How to Do Interbank Fund Transfer using the Landbank Mobile Banking App

1. frt
    September 10, 2017 at 4:48 am (2 months ago)

neat! P25 isn’t bad na rin but no bdo :-/ still extremely wary (paranoid) about mobile apps though. i’m with your husband on this.

September 12, 2017 at 7:19 am (2 months ago)

I told him that I’ll limit using the mobile app since it’s really just so convenient. But he said that frequency is not the issue, when you use a mobile app, you already open yourself up to hacking.

I’d like to believe that Landbank and other mobile and online banking providers have their security systems in check, but we’ll never really know until someone gets hacked right? Pero mahirap din to be so paranoid all the time, be vigilant na lang.

2. Mylene
    September 12, 2017 at 5:20 am (2 months ago)

I wonder why BDO and BPI are not in the list hehe.

And it’s good to see that banks are now catching up with banking related technologies.

I am also put off every time I see charges for a web/online transaction. However, I also think that it’s more practical to pay if the other course of action entails spending longer time, effort and also money just to accomplish the task.

September 12, 2017 at 7:22 am (2 months ago)

Hi Mylene,

My take on that is that BDO and BPI are so big compared to Landbank that it would not be to their benefit to tie up with Landbank. And they have their own interbank fund transfer programs (but at Php100 per transfer for BDO!) so they probably don’t want to encourage other players to a share of their market.

But that’s just a guess, of course.

Welcome to my blog!

• Mylene
        September 15, 2017 at 5:08 am (2 months ago)

Your guess makes sense though. I have been a silent reader of your blog for sometime now. Hihi.

September 20, 2017 at 10:53 pm (2 months ago)

I’m glad you’re not silent anymore! 🙂

3. jackie uy
    September 12, 2017 at 1:52 pm (2 months ago)

Wow finally a bank that offers interbank transfers. Thank you for sharing Ms Jill! I hope other banks will follow suit. In Taiwan, all banks offer this service through mobile apps and ATMs, with each transaction costing NT 14 (around P20), max amount of 50K per transfer. Not bad na ung P25 na fee 🙂

September 14, 2017 at 11:22 pm (2 months ago)

Yup, ok na rin yung Php25 fee but I try to limit my app use to once a month lang because sayang pa rin yung Php25 :p

4. George@20somethinglawyer
    September 13, 2017 at 2:04 am (2 months ago)

Oh one of my favorite small banks is on there! Still I’ll probably still go old school and go to the physical bank. I have a deep distrust of online banking..

To keep costs down and save on time I deposit only once a month for certain banks ie fund certain account for first half then fund the other account the second half of the month. That way the cash doesn’t sleep without interest and I save time and money

September 14, 2017 at 11:23 pm (2 months ago)

I’m definitely with you on planning bank trips. It really is such a hassle to go to the bank, specially now that I’m almost 7 months pregnant.

That’s why I’m so happy that my banks have cash deposit machines so I don’t have to wait for banking hours to do my transactions.

September 25, 2017 at 9:58 am (2 months ago)

Pag Landbank to other banks, sulit na yung P25 na transaction fee for me. Pero pag LBP account to another LBP account lalo na pag provincial, I do it via machine (ATM), P10 lang ang bayad. 🙂

6. Mike
    October 27, 2017 at 3:22 am (4 weeks ago)

Kelangan po ba i-enrol pa personally sa LandBank Branch ang Interbank Fund Transfer Feature?

October 27, 2017 at 5:14 am (4 weeks ago)

Hi Mike,

Hindi na kelangan i-enroll ang Interbank Fund Transfer feature. Basta may Landbank Iaccess account ka and Landbank mobile app, pwede ka nang mag interbank fund transfer.

• Mike
        October 27, 2017 at 5:50 am (4 weeks ago)

Bakit po ganun? Ever since na ginamit ko ang LandBank Mobile Banking Application never ko na access yung feature ng Intebank Fund Transfer. Hanggang Bills Payment lang po ako tapos i-nenroll ko pa sa branch. Hindi rin yata alam ng mga taga LandBank yung process nila sa Mobile Banking po.

October 27, 2017 at 11:32 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Mike,

Baka kelangan mong i-update ang app mo? Hindi kasi ako nagkaproblema nung una kong ginamit yung app. Naka interbank fund transfer kaagad ako.

Heto ang mga contact details ng LandBank, pwede ka ring magtanong dito:

Telephone: (+632) 405-7000
          1-800-10-405-7000 (PLDT Domestic Toll Fee)
          email: customercare@mail.landbank.com

• Mike
            October 28, 2017 at 12:29 am (3 weeks ago)

Latest application version 4.0.1 po yung naka installed at kapag press ko na fund transfer ang reply “You don’t have Permission to Use this Service, Please contact Customer Service.” I even personally went to my branch of account to raise my concern pero wala naman po sila conctrete answer. Anyway, Thank you po sa contact details ng Landbank. I-try ko tumawag sa phone baka masagot ng Customer Service Representative.

Thanks po ulit. 🙂

October 28, 2017 at 9:17 am (3 weeks ago)

You’re welcome! Good luck!

7. Mike
    October 27, 2017 at 5:52 am (4 weeks ago)

More than seven years na po account ko Lanbank.

8. Yuri
    November 3, 2017 at 12:43 am (3 weeks ago)

Real time po ba magrereflect yung pera sa Metrobank if you transfered the funds from Land Bank?

November 3, 2017 at 4:44 am (3 weeks ago)

Hi Yuri,

Yup, real time ang pag reflect ng transferred funds from LandBank to Metrobank.

9. frt
    November 9, 2017 at 4:23 am (2 weeks ago)

hi miss jill, is there a limit for the fund transfer to mtb? i plan to do the exact same thing since landbank pulled out their atm from our building ;( thank you.

also, is it just me or does the otp take foreverrr? i receive the otps way beyond the 5 minute limit na so expired na ;(

had the same experience with mike too. enrolled iaccess online but apparently, limited lang ang mga transactions, mostly mga non-financial pa. i filled up the i-access enrollment form and had our liaison officer submit it to our branch of account. haven’t been able to transfer funds because of the otp issue. but i hope this helps sir!

November 9, 2017 at 11:11 pm (2 weeks ago)

Hello!

There’s a daily maximum transfer limit of Php50,000.00, similar to the maximum allowable limit with ATM withdrawals.

I had a problem once with the OTP being emailed to me beyond the 5 minute period, but thankfully, it only happened once.

10. Tristan
    November 17, 2017 at 6:04 am (4 days ago)

Hello. I’m new to this landbank mobile banking. and I wasn’t even informed by the person in charge in the “new accounts” when I opened an account that I have to inform the bank that I wanted to activate all the other features of the app especially the funds transfer. I thought they were activated by default and found out later that they’re not. I ran out of time to return to the bank and had to leave the Phils. hoping that it’s still possible to activate those features even when you’re abroad. So I got 2 questions to ask. 1. Is it possible to have them activated online? 2. Is it possible to add third party accounts online? Thanks a lot.

November 20, 2017 at 11:14 pm (4 hours ago)

Hi Tristan,

I’m sorry but I don’t know (I’m not connected with Landbank). Please address your questions directly to Landbank. You can find its contact details in its website.

Good luck!