Sorry if the title is misleading, but I’m actually not going to talk about the upcoming administration, rather, this will be a more personal and self-indulgent post on my most favorite topic, me.

So I’ve already written about my current boss’ end of term and how that will affect us (i.e. I will lose my job). Of course I have been preparing for it by sending out resumes, tapping my network and setting aside cash, but it’s so frustrating how the job search isn’t going as fast as I want it to. I have had several promising interviews, however, as it turns out, my top picks have ridiculously long application processes (between 4 months to 1 year). The only thing I can do now is wait and pray, things that I’m not really good at to begin with.

I’ll have to admit that all this waiting and uncertainty have taken their toll on me. While I know that we have more than enough cash to tide us over until I get a new job (I crunched the numbers) and there’s nothing stopping me from taking on clients, my worrywart self still won’t let itself be soothed and keeps on concocting doomsday scenarios. But something my husband said last night calmed me infinitely. While I was in the middle of fretting, he said: Don’t worry about it. Things will work out, you’re gold.

I am gold.

And just like that I once again remembered why I married this man, my biggest supporter, the one who sees me every morning with my crazy hair and has to deal with my surly attitude, yet still thinks I’m gold.

So yes, I might not have made the cut in some of my applications and the air is still rife with uncertainty career-wise, but I just have to keep on pushing forward and believing that I’m gold, because somebody else already does and in due time, I’ll see myself and my worth the way he does.

*Image from Pixelstalk.net

10 Comments on Change is Coming

1. AJ
    June 21, 2016 at 4:02 am (2 years ago)

I also worry that one day I might lose my job while I’m still building my emergency fund. I haven’t hit the target amount. :/ That makes me anxious.

June 24, 2016 at 11:31 am (2 years ago)

Hi AJ,

I find that what helps me manage my anxiety is to take steps (no matter how little) towards resolving the source of anxiety and to run.

I’m anxious that my emergency funds will not be enough when an emergency does occur so I set aside money as often as I can, no matter how small it might be. It gives me peace of mind since I’m taking active steps towards my goal.

2. Jackie Uy
    June 22, 2016 at 1:06 am (2 years ago)

Awww what a nice read to start my day 🙂 Stay golden, Ms Jill! 🙂

June 24, 2016 at 11:31 am (2 years ago)

Thanks Jackie! And you stay golden too 🙂

June 22, 2016 at 3:47 am (2 years ago)

You’re not alone. I’m having some job-related anxiety, too. See, even your hubby is telling you not to worry! Pero hindi naman kasi maiiwasan magworry. Siguro mas magfocus na lang tayo na merong magandang nakalaan para sa atin. And so far, hindi pa naman tayo pinabayaan ni God, diba? Isipin mo na lang, our God is bigger than all of our worries combined. 🙂

June 24, 2016 at 11:34 am (2 years ago)

Hi Edel,

I think I’m just a natural worrywart, that’s why I take conscious steps to lessen my anxiety and that begins by acknowledging it and threshing out what causes it.

But you’re right that God always sets things right. It may not be exactly how we planned it to be, but somehow things always fall in place.

4. Jun
    June 28, 2016 at 12:47 am (2 years ago)

Just curious, Jill. Are you also looking into corporate work? I am helping set up operations for a huge “unicorn” tech company in Apac and their need is for someone well versed on employment laws and can manuever through the red tape.

July 12, 2016 at 10:56 am (2 years ago)

Hi Jun,

I was but I already accepted an offer in the judiciary, so balik hustisya ulit ako 🙂

5. Sheena
    July 8, 2016 at 6:24 am (2 years ago)

Hi FrugalHoney! I miss reading your posts. I hope everything’s okay. 🙂

July 12, 2016 at 10:58 am (2 years ago)

Hi Sheena!

Everything’s ok in my part of the world. I have just been busy with our vacation and then hitting the ground running by starting with my new job this week. I’m hoping I can blog again this weekend because it’s time for another quarterly net worth update post.

Thanks for your concern 🙂