I felt compelled to churn out something today because it’s been 6 days since my last post, but I can’t think of anything coherent right now. So I will subject my readers to the random thoughts polluting my mind, which may or may not be personal finance related. You have been warned.
- I’m working on a comparison between term insurance and VUL, seeing if the Buy Term Invest the Difference (BTID) really does work. I’m almost done with the table but I still need to double check my computations because I’ve never been known for my knack with numbers.
- Jeepney operators and the jeepney franchise details are painted inside a little box on the side of the body. I don’t really pay attention to them until this morning when I saw that this particular jeepney operator’s name was: R. Gastador. I wonder if that person really did become as profligate as his name, or if he went the opposite, by being ridiculously thrifty. #wewillneverknow
- My family is setting up a business in our province and I have suddenly been lassoed into the deal by helping out with the needed paperwork. To think I only signed up to drive the foreign partner and investor to Makati to meet up with the lawyers. I’m hoping that this deal pushes through though because it will really help out our little island.
- Regardless of whether or not the deal pushes through, I now have an instant tour guide in Prague! Woohoo! Now how do I find the cash to get to Prague? Hmmmm….
- I’m interested in BPI’s Save Up account because it has a life insurance aspect equivalent to 5x the deposited amount, but not to exceed Php4,000,000.00. I plan to transfer our emergency funds there from my BPI account to take advantage of the life insurance coverage, but I still have to confirm if the only way of depositing money is through automated transfer from an existing BPI account.
- My boss is retiring by next year and I don’t want to apply for another clerkship with a new Justice. Now where do I go next?